Firm Provides Legal Assistance with Residential Real Estate Matters in New Jersey
Accomplished lawyer helping you buy or sell a home in northern NJ
For most people, a residential real estate transaction is a significant life event and a major financial transaction. A mistake you make when buying or selling a home could have serious financial consequences. Accordingly, it’s critical to protect yourself by hiring a legal advocate who is well-versed in these types of deals and dedicated to helping clients close transactions successfully. Located in North Bergen, The Law Office of Joseph A Rutigliano, L.L.C. provides comprehensive counsel to area clients on contract development, title issues, closings and other facets of residential real estate matters.
North Bergen property lawyer guides clients through every stage of the transaction
Regardless of how simple or complex your residential real estate transaction might be, my firm offers knowledgeable assistance with each phase of the process, including:
- Contract development — The competitive real estate market in Hudson, Bergen and Essex counties sometimes leads to price wars that require buyers and sellers to act quickly. Drawing on approximately two decades of experience, I am a strong negotiator who prepares thorough contracts and delivers knowledgeable guidance on documents created by the other party.
- Attorney review — After an agreement is reached on contract terms, New Jersey mandates a three-day attorney review period. During this timeframe, either party can request revisions to the agreement or walk away completely. You can count on me to examine the deal language closely and suggest changes that might improve your position.
- Title, survey and inspection — Before ownership of the property is transferred, it is critical to ensure that there are no infringements on the title. My firm coordinates title insurance issues and physical surveys to confirm that the parcel’s boundaries are described properly. Moreover, I advise on any concerns that emerge during the home inspection process that might require adjustments to the terms of the sale.
- Mortgage matters — Most home purchases require a mortgage or some other type of financial instrument to produce the needed funds. Along with dealing with the other party in your transaction, I communicate with lenders on behalf of buyers and analyze financing concerns for sellers so that they can anticipate if funding will be a problem.
- Closing process — Upon the conclusion of any lingering issues, my firm prepares the necessary documentation to effectuate a proper closing. Rather than just having a bunch of papers thrown at you, I’ll make sure that you understand the meaning of each document before you execute it. Beforehand, my firm will outline any closing costs that must be paid, such as lender’s fees and title insurance costs.
Working with an accomplished New Jersey real estate lawyer from the start of your home transaction will help you make smart choices and increase the likelihood of a successful resolution.
Contact a proven New Jersey residential real estate attorney for a consultation
The Law Office of Joseph A Rutigliano, L.L.C. handles all types of legal matters related to the purchase, sale and ownership of residential real estate. Please call 201-201-7377 or contact me online to set up an appointment. My office is in North Bergen and serves clients throughout Hudson and Bergen counties, as well as the surrounding areas.